Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Second Great Depression


A lot of members of the media are calling the state of our economy the "Second Great Depression". No doubt times are tough, but when I was a kid, I listened to stories my grandparents told. I've read "The Grapes of Wrath". I've looked at the amazing Dorothea Lange photos. The United States grew calloused skin from the decade leading up to WWII. And we are a nation of swingin' dicks because of, in part, the Great Depression. We were forced to become a nation of survivors. A nation that didn't have the luxury of blaming and finger pointing. Our grandparents had to do whatever it took to feed and clothe our parents. So, quit bitching, pay respect to your grandparents, and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

If you see pictures from your website...

..and you don't like that I "borrowed" them, send me an email and I'll take 'em down.