Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Got Creativity?

I think it is common knowledge that I have peeves. Little things get under my skin perhaps more than they should. My latest gripe has to do with taking other people’s intellectual property, changing it slightly, and claiming it as your own. You know what I’m talking about, right? Yep, I’m talking about the “Got Milk?” ad campaign. This campaign ran in 1993, and is considered one of the most successful ads in history. According to the Got Milk? website, the campaign has over 90% awareness in the US and the tag line has been licensed to dairy boards across the US since 1995. So here’s my problem, as I drive around Southern California (with my phone that boasts a bitchin camera) I see countless businesses stealing this tag line and shouting to the world, “Hey look at me, I don’t have one original thought in my head!” I once believed that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but not anymore. I’ve stopped believing. I hope Journey doesn’t get pissed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

If you see pictures from your website...

..and you don't like that I "borrowed" them, send me an email and I'll take 'em down.